Wizards cancel practice; NBA announces additional Covid protocols
By admin - January 12, 2021
Covid strikes the NBA. Here are the highlights:
- The Washington Wizards said Tuesday that two of their players are going on the NBA’s health and safety protocols lis.
- The Orlando game in Boston on Wednesday is canceled, according to the NBA’s board of governors, which met to evaluate the situation.
- The Magic are scheduled to play the Celtics on Friday in Boston; no determination about that game has been announced.
- The Celtics have eight players listed as out right now because of the league’s protocols, and have now seen three of their games postponed this week alone.
- “We’re just going to follow what the NBA” says, Washington coach Scott Brooks said. “I mean, they’re the experts. They have all the medical, they have all the science, they have everything, all the data. … I’m for whatever the NBA wants us to do.”
- Among the changed that the NBA is working with the National Basketball Players Association to implement, according to The Associated Press: urging players to stop in-game and postgame handshakes and hugs; upgraded mask-wearing protocols; and mandates temporarily allowing players in their home markets to only attend practices, games, workouts and tend to essential matters.
- The Wizards canceled their Tuesday practice, saying that decision was made “out of an abundance of caution.”
- Additional updates from the league are expected later this week.