Tampa Bay outfielder Arozarena released in Mexico’s Yucatan
By admin - 2018-04-12 05:00:19
Tampa Bay outfielder Randy Arozarena got into a little trouble but things calmed down. Yucatán authorities picked him up and he was released after his former partner said she didn’t want to press charges. Here are the highlights:
- Arozarena was in custody battle with his daughter and ended up getting arrested just two weeks after receiving the Babe Ruth award for Most Valuable Player.
- He was released by Yucatán state because his ex-partner didn’t want to press charges when Arozarena wanted to take custody of his daughter. The former partner said any damages have been settled.
- It wasn’t clear that he had a lawyer and kept his mouth shut in the public eye.
- The basis of the arrest was reportedly due to “problems relating to his ex-partner” said Yucatán officials.
- A formal charge may not have been committed because of Mexico’s protocol, which allows a two-day period for prosecutors to decide whether to bring charges. Suspects may be held in jail until the window expires.
- Local media reported that Arozarena married a Colombian woman earlier in November in Merida, capital of Yucatán.
- Regardless of the situation, he’s hit .377 with 10 homers and 14 RBIs in 20 postseason games for a solid run with Tampa Bay.