We’ve heard about Super Group in the U.K., but now they have their eyes set on the U.S. market. They’re looking to corner the business with Sports Entertainment Acquisition Corporation in a deal they want to close in the latter half of the year to become public in U.S. stock markets. Here are the highlights:
- Super Group isn’t licensed at the moment in the U.S., but they want to change that through their acquisition with Digital Gaming Corporation. If approved, they can operate in states, such as Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Colorado, Indiana, and Iowa.
- The Delaware-based brand Sports Entertainment Acquisition plans to merge with Super Group in a move that shows why the U.S. sports market has such a draw on other nations.
- Established European gambling companies from William Hill to Flutter all want a piece of the pie.
- CEO of Super Group Neal Menashe said his company has already established itself as a scalable and profitable digital gaming business that brings first-class entertainment to the worldwide betting and gaming community. He said the listing will help him capitalize and grow, which includes the U.S. market.
- Big names from Eric Grubman (former executive vice president of the NFL) and John Collins (executive roles with both NFL and NHL) will hold high positions in Super Group.
- Super Group is the parent company of Betway (online sports betting) and Spin (online casino company). It’s taken over $42 billion in wagers over the past year and has 2.5 million active followers.
- Betway has a diverse set of brand partnerships with teams from the NBA, English Premier League Football, and even eSports.