U.S. Gymnastics Star Simone Biles to Return for Balance Beam Finals
By admin - August 2, 2021
Biles is back in the game to compete in the balance beam final on Tuesday. After stepping away for a week to focus on her mental health, her fans are excited to see this refreshed energy she’s going to bring to the table. Here are the highlights:
- USA Gymnastics said they were excited to confirm both Suni Lee and Simone Biles for the balance beam final tomorrow.
- Biles is no stranger to the balance beam as she won a bronze medal on beam in Rio De Janeiro in 2016.
- After a shaky performance for her first rotation on the value, she removed herself from the team final on July 27. She knew she wasn’t in the right headspace but still cheered for her team on the sidelines as three American teammates finished the meet without her. They finished silver behind the team known as the Russian Olympic Committee.
- The six-time Olympic medalist said she had problems with her air awareness during her “twisties” and didn’t feel comfortable doing them.
- Although Biles qualified for all five individual events finals, she removed herself from the all-around, vault, floor exercise, and uneven bars. That leaves her with the balance beam event.
- While the “twisties” issue wasn’t the first time she dealt with it, it became more complicated because she didn’t feel mentally prepared for other events.
- Her teammate, Jade Carey, who won gold on the floor exercise is proud of Biles’ comeback. She’s happy that even with all of the things she’s gone through in the Tokyo Games, she’s going after beam.
- There’s a certain poetic justice here with Biles finishing her second Olympics on the balance beam, which was the one she scored bronze. She said that’s the proudest medal she has despite what others would call a “disappointment.” It’ll be interesting to see how she does in this event to complete her second Olympics.