Giannis Antetokounmpo agrees to extension with Bucks
By admin - December 29, 2020
In a move that’s been on the fence for a while, Giannis Antetokounmpo has decided to forego free agency status next summer and agreed to a supermax extension with the Milwaukee Bucks.
- Antetokounmpo has been rocking with Milwaukee since 2013. He said, “I’m blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years.” He posted this on his social media profiles and the Bucks later announced the extension as well.
- Time was the essence because he had until Monday to sign it or be up for a free-agent.
- This extension is worth $228 million, and he’s able to opt out of it come 2025.
- Antetokounmpo has found a home in Milwaukee, and plans to make things happen for the team in his five-year extension.
- Bucks co-owners Marc Lasry, Wes Edens and Jamie Dinan all believe that Antetokounmpo is a once in a lifetime talent, and they’re ecstatic he wants to stay with the team.
- Antetokounmo thanks the organization and realizes all his hard work is truly paying off.
- He knows that with him improving and the roster getting better with time, that it’ll truly create a good impact.
- The co-owners lauded his work ethic and said that his desire to be the best is what the Bucks was team stands for now and the future.