Sweat Against Washington Persuading Players to Vaccinate
By admin - June 20, 2021
A lot of athletes still reject the idea of getting vaccinated. In this case, 24-year-old Montez Sweat of the Washington Football Team says he doesn’t plan on getting vaccinated until there are more facts on it. Here are the highlights:
- Sweat’s reasoning is that he has caught Covid yet, and won’t treat it unless he actually gets the virus.
- Nearly half the players are vaccinated compared to Coach Ron Rivera and his staff/team employees who are fully inoculated.
- Rivera said that they’re slowly getting more players vaccinated. Although it’s a choice, herd immunity will help them actually enjoy things more. He hopes that happens sooner rather than later.
- Washington brought in Harvard immunologist, Kizzmekia S. Corbett, to speak on the subject of vaccines. It was a good forum to get things out in the open and help create a comfortable dialogue.
- Rivera said that they’re trying to gather as much information as possible and allow the players to have a more informed decision instead of just relying on social media sites like Twitter.
- Sweat believes that everyone is entitled to their own decisions when it comes to the subject.
- Commissioner Roger Goodell dropped the mask mandate for fully vaccinated players and staff. He believes that having vaccinated players and personnel does secret a safer environment.