While No. 3 Ohio State got some style points during its obliteration of Michigan State, COVID is always the elephant in the room for any activity (even a championship game). Here are the highlights:
- They’re waiting for COVID test results to see whether Michigan can travel to Columbus for the finale of the regular season.
- The Buckeyes are in a sticky situation because with two games canceled they need to get in a sixth game to gain eligibility to play for a fourth consecutive Big Ten championship.
- This is all dependent on what Big Ten could decide with Ohio State and their performance.
- They’re in the fourth spot in the College Football Playoff rankings, but a significant win could be the extra stamp they need for approval.
- Ohio State isn’t without its own COVID problems because they had a facility outbreak, which led to the cancellation of the Nov. 28 game at Illinois.
- Coach Day says, “I’m hoping the worst part is behind us and we can look forward.”
- It’s going to be tough with other teams getting the virus. However, the adversity only makes the teams stronger.