Reigning champion Chiefs dump Bills 38-24 in AFC title game
By admin - January 25, 2021
The Kansas City Chiefs are headed back. Here are the highlights:
- The defending champs are headed for the Super Bowl for the second straight year.
- Patrick Mahomes defeated up Buffalo’s secondary with ruthless efficiency Sunday night, helping the Chiefs roll to a 38-24 victory over Josh Allen and the Bills in the AFC championship game.
- The reigning Super Bowl MVP finished with 325 yards passing and three touchdowns.
- The Chiefs will face the NFC champ Buccaneers in two weeks in Tampa, Florida.
- “It was just trusting each other. The best thing about this team is we believe in each other,” said Mahomes, who was also dealing with a toe injury. “But the job’s not finished. We’re going to Tampa; we’re trying to run it back.”
- Kelce finished with 13 catches for 118 yards and two touchdowns.
- Hill added nine catches for 172 yards.
- “So glad to get to do it again,” said Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt, whose father Lamar founded the franchise. “Thought a lot about my dad tonight, thought about my family and how excited my father would have been that we got to do it again in Arrowhead Stadium. That’s what he would have liked the most about it.”