Column: NFL season precariously close to tipping point
By admin - 2020-11-20 09:03:58
The nature of the coronavirus on other sports showed that any league would be hard-pressed to get through a pandemic season without a bubble. No one really expected the NFL to make it through an entire season unscathed. Here are the highlights:
- For the first few weeks, it was like clockwork. It seemed like the NFL had everything in order and the main issue was seeing how many fans should be allowed in the stadium.
- This all changed when The Tennessee Titans got decimated by the virus.
- Cam Newton made it a point to add a mask to his fashion accessories. Not to mention, players around the league got extra cautious when this happened.
- Of course, now everything’s up in the air.
- You can’t predict things with this virus. Buffalo coach Sean McDermott says, “We’re fighting an uphill battle.”
- It’s hard to predict how this moves and that became evident when several Titans tested positive and it didn’t stop.
- Additionally, the Patriots canceled practice in the wake of Newton’s positive test.
- Additionally, the NFL is placing more strict rules and any violators may be penalized with suspensions and the loss of draft picks.
- The virus is certainly dictating this season, and it’ll be interesting to see how everything plays out.