Phil Mickelson Wins PGA Championship at Age 50
By admin - May 24, 2021
When it comes to winning a PGA at an older age, it’s pretty much few, far, and between. However, Phil Mickelson winning one at the age of 50? That’s something that’s downright impressive. Here are the highlights:
- While Mickelson had a two-shot lead standing on the 18th tee, he still didn’t believe he was going to win.
- As Mickelson’s approach shot settled on the green and more people began to crowd around, there was an assurance that he was going to win.
- Mickelson is indeed the people’s champion. People rushed to him as he took his win. Mickelson never had something like this happen before. Even with it being unnerving, it was an “exceptionally awesome” moment as he calls it.
- Mickelson has his fair share of close calls, especially when it comes to the U.S. Open. However, he’s happy that even with a half-century on this Earth he can still pull out major wins so late into his career.
- He said that it just takes a little bit more work to still do this at a later age.
- Mickelson said there’s a certain rush from being able to pull this off when so few people thought he could do it.
- He says that it’s very possible this is the last tournament he wins, but it could be just the breakthrough he needed to go on a bit of run.