No. 3 Iowa’s date with No. 1 Gonzaga headlines Top 25 slate
By admin - December 23, 2020
With the help of their star player Luke Garza, the third-ranked Iowa has put up big numbers this year. Here are the highlights:
- If everything stays on point through this pandemic schedule, they’ll face top-ranked Gonzaga.
- Things have been a bit weird schedule wise because games getting postponed from teams or individual players testing positive for COVID-19.
- Iowa has been dominating offensively with high scores in 93 points and winning games with 13-point leads.
- Freshman guard Ahron Ulis said after Sunday’s Northern Illinois win, “Kids dream about this game growing up.” Their team is looking forward to taking it all the way.
- The Iowa-Gonzaga is just one of the big games to check out on the Saturday slate.
- The afternoon includes 12th-ranked Wisconsin hosting No. 23 Louisville from the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
- There are a lot of newcomers, such as Missouri, Clemson, and Michigan, that should make some big noise throughout the week.
- With the coronavirus still a factor, it’s hard to tell how the schedule will go but there are some interesting matches on the horizon.