Italy Becomes the Team to Fear at UEFA 2020
By admin - June 25, 2021
Italy’s been on a hot streak for a while and they’re definitely making their presence known with coach Roberto Mancini guiding them. However, Austria is down to get them out of that their winning draw ASAP. Here are the highlights:
- It’s safe to say that Italy is one of the favorites at the European Championships due to winning 3 of their games in the group games, no losses, and scoring 7 goals. The 3 wins in this tourney extend their unbeaten record to 30 games.
- Austrian coach Franco Foda said that initially, it seemed like an impossible challenge because of their winning record. However, they’re looking to drop them from the throne.
- Austria has reached the top 16 round of the tournament for the first time and will get their chance to defeat Italy on Saturday.
- Italy is trying to surpass a record of 1,143 minutes set between 1972 and 1974, which means that Austria can’t score in the next game.
- Italy forward Lorenzo Insigne said that they’re proud because people didn’t think anything of them before the tournament. However, they still have a long way to go and actually want to win the whole thing.
- Insigne said that Mancini is working with the players to help them cater their playstyle from their natural characteristics.
- The past four months have been a drastic change for Italy and they want to keep up the momentum.