Irving returns, but new-look Nets beaten by Cavs in 2 OTs
By admin - January 21, 2021
Kyrie Irving is back, but it wasn’t enough. Here are the highlights:
- Irving returned from his personal “pause,” scoring 37 points in his first game with Kevin Durant and James Harden.
- Cleveland’s Collin Sexton scored 42 and led the Cavaliers to a 147-135 double-overtime win on Wednesday night.
- Sexton scored four 3-pointers in the first OT and scored 15 points in the second OT.
- “He played out of his mind,” said Cavs forward Cedi Osman, who scored 25. “It was amazing.”
- Durant scored 38 points and Harden added 21 as Brooklyn’s trio of superstars combined for 96 points in their first game together. But it wasn’t enough to outlast Sexton, who missed Cleveland’s last five games with a sprained ankle.
- “Look, this is the first night,” Brooklyn coach Steve Nash said. “We seemed a little lost at times. We were a little flat and disjointed at times.”