Packers withstand late rally to outlast Eagles 30-16
By admin - 2018-12-18 07:09:27
With Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams reaching personal milestones, Aaron Jones was the right man for the job to make a long run to put the Eagles away.
- Jones was the clutch as he rushed for 130 yards and game-winning 77-yard touchdown with on the last few minutes of the fourth quarter.
- The Eagles were coming back but Jones had the fortitude to put a stop to that. He said he was closing to breaking it and the similar play made he only needed just a little bit of room.
- Rodgers and Adams did a lot of the early work to help provide that 23-3 lead, but Eagles came back heavy scoring two touchdowns in just a minute.
- Eagles coach Doug Pederson said Jalen gave them the spark they needed for those two touchdowns.
- Rodgers on the other hand, became the 7th player to pass 400, touchdowns.
- He was able to reach this milestone quicker than any other player, which was in his 193rd career game.
- While these are fun breakthroughs, he knows there are talented young quarterbacks that are just as hungry.
- Adams is no slouch either because he caught 10 passes for 121 yards, and has scored in seven straight games to tie Hall of Famer Don Hutson’s franchise record.
- Adams was humbled and said “to be breaking or tying records that have been around for 60-70 years, it’s special, man.”