Mahomes, Hill light up Bucs, Chiefs hold on vs. Brady 27-24
By admin - 2018-04-09 12:12:18
The dynamic duo of Tyreek Hill and Patrick Mahomes is like magic. Mahomes always finds a way to feed the ball to the explosive receiver, Hill. Here are the highlights:
- Mahomes threw for 462 yards. Hill happened to catch some of those for touchdowns of 75, 44 and 20 yards.
- Hill was able to get 1,000 yards, but said “I feel like there’s still a lot of work for me to do.”
- He knows that consistency is key because as soon as you lose one, your fans will look at you as the bad guy.
- Mahomes has built up his profile and was able to outplay Tom Brady to win the fourth career matchup between the MVPs.
- Hill was fortunate to get that extra coverage from Sammy Watkins’ return to the Chiefs lineup after being out from a hamstring injury.
- He said, “We don’t get that a lot, especially with that guy and his ability.” When they do get the opportunity, they make sure to take full advantage.
- Mahomes has been able to make solid plays and run the clock out against even a top-notch Tom Brady. Chiefs coach Andy Reid knows, “you don’t give Tom Brady another shot.”
- Mahomes has a good way of reading the defense that makes him a strong quarterback to complete clutch plays.