Raiders fire defensive coordinator Paul Guenther
By admin - December 20, 2020
With some consistent losses, The Raiders terminated their now former defensive coordinator Paul Guenther. Here are the highlights:
- In what was a 44-27 loss to the Indianapolis Colts, the Raiders fired their defensive coordinator. This decision was made because this tough loss could’ve been a pivotal win leading them to playoff status.
- In place of Guenther, Defensive line coach Rod Marinelli has taken the reigns on an interim basis going forward for the remainder of the season.
- Coach Jon Gruden is on the search for a new defensive coordinator. He’s unsure of who will fill the role or how they’ll improve their defense, “but we better find some answers.”
- The Raiders have been on a downturn especially the last two games, which they allowed more than 200 yards rushing in each one.
- For now, they’re in solid hand because Marinelli has experience as a head coach in Detroit and defensive coordinator in Chicago and Dallas.