The coronavirus outbreak still puts a damper on sports globally. Here are the highlights:
- The DePaul has had a rough start because five of their games have been canceled or postponed due to COVID-19 protocols.
- Due to three players and two coaches catching the virus, Texas said all football team activities have been paused.
- While these tests came back negative on Friday, they were positive after the game. As a result, they need to get tested again on Monday to see if activities can resume.
- Some have taken to stricter protocol, such as the Portland Trail Blazers who have closed their facilities for deep cleaning after a few positive tests came back.
- Blazers President Neil Olshey said they closed and cleaned facility out of extreme caution. Additionally, they’ve “completed contact tracing.”
- Miami Heat guard and National Basketball Players Association vice president Andre Iguodala said the Blazers’ situation is really a “hope for the best, prepare for the worst” scenario.
- Additionally, any team that doesn’t comply with the league rules can face consequences, such as automatic forfeit.