Springer, Altuve homer to keep Astros alive in ALCS
By admin - 2020-11-20 09:04:33
It’s rare that you get to match up your stats with other teams. However, José Altuve and the Houston Astros are eager to meet the 2004 Boston Red Sox in the history books. Here are the highlights:
- It’s not going to be easy beating the Tampa Bay Rays three more times to reach the World Series, but the Astros are putting their best foot forward to make it happen.
- With George Springer breaking a tie with a two-run homer, Altuve hitting an RBI double, and Zack Greinke escaped a bases-loaded jam, they were able to take a 4-3 victory in Game 4.
- Altuve said “We are very motivated.” They want to be that second team coming from behind a 0-3 to take the series.
- The Astros had a meeting before the game, which seemed to wield good results. Houston manager Dusty Baker had no idea what went down in the meeting but said, “We’ve got some real leaders on this team, some dominant personalities who listen more than they talk.”
- Altuve atoned for his poor defense in this series, and the Astros finally got their act together offensively to prevent a sweep.
- Springer was just happy that they won the game and was able to move on to another one.
- Even though they ended up losing to Tampa in Game 7, they sure lit a fire in them to show they weren’t ones to take lightly.