Bauer, LeMahieu, Springer top list of available free agents
By admin - 2018-07-23 05:23:53
It’s been a bit of a boost in free agent market and it’s still a toss up if some teams will take advantage of the lineup. Here are the highlights:
- This year has led to a record of 59 players becoming free agents teams didn’t offer them contracts.
- Speculations are that these teams are trying to save money during the pandemic.
- In fact, the trend has been one to two year deals, which would be in the range of 10-20 million dollars for top-notch players.
- Here’s a break down of a few players still in that free agent status:
- James Paxton, Yankees (32) has some problems with his pitching arm but his solid season make him a viable option if he can get back to healthy status.
- Jose Alvarez isn’t a flower but been a closer, but he’s been dependable for several seasons with the Phillies and Angels.
- J.T. Realmuto, Phillies (29) is a solid two-time All-Star with good catching ability and is a solid batter as well. His consistency makes a great choice.
- There are a lot of choices available but it’s all about finding the right chemistry with a team.