NFL further limits player access to facilities amid virus
By admin - 2018-12-18 07:13:45
COVID is still a problem and the NFL is taking steps for stricter limitations on player access to team facilities to help keep things safe and secure throughout the pandemic. Here are the highlights:
- 32 clubs got the memo that teams gave to close their facilities for two days after games.
- For example: All teams playing on a Sunday must close those facilities the next two days. However, clubs playing on the subsequent Thursday are exempt.
- The team complex is only available for planters needing medical attention on injuries or rehab programs.
- Also, coaches are allowed to access the facility but work solely in their offices. To limit physical contact, they can only conduct meetings virtually.
- Teams playing on Monday nights can have players in their facilities on Thursday. However, teams with Thursday night games must close the complex to players until Sunday.
- The league said there are no exceptions to this prohibition even on previous approvals.