Curry Scores 53 to Beat Wilt Chamberlain's Warrior Record
By admin - April 13, 2021
Stephen Curry has solidified himself as one of the greats by winning 3 rings. He’s been a savior for the Golden State Warriors for the past 6 years. Here are the highlights:
- In a game against the Denver Nuggets, Curry not only led his team to victory but scored 53 points to also break Wilt Chamberlain’s scoring record.
- Within the first quarter, Curry scored 21 points. It was enough to beat Chamberlain’s record (17,783 points) by 3.
- This record has been one Chamberlain set back in 1964 and just recently been beaten by Curry.
- Curry responded by saying that to be anywhere near Chamberlain in any record book is an achievement. His name is extremely special in the game of basketball.
- Additionally, it was his seventh straight game scoring at least 30 points, which is the longest streak by a Warrior since Rick Barry in his 1966-1967 season.
- The Warriors coach knew Curry had a mission to get at least 19 points but didn’t expect him to reach that mark so quickly in the first quarter.
- Not only was this big for Curry, but Kerr said that this game was a pivotal win to help them get on a little run after being such a stellar team like the Denver Nuggets.