Eagles beat Cowboys 23-9 in sloppy battle for first place
By admin - 2020-11-20 09:22:35
It’s sloppy out east.
- Eagles QB Carson Wentz threw a pair of touchdown passes to overcome four turnovers.
- Rodney McLeod returned a fumble 53 yards for a score and the Eagles beat the Dallas Cowboys 23-9 on Sunday night.
- The pair of two-win teams struggled in a bid to lead the terrible. NFC East in Week 8.
- The Eagles (3-4-1) took control of the division with their second straight victory. Dallas (2-6) has lost three in a row.
- “It didn’t look pretty,” said Eagles defensive end Brandon Graham, who had one of the team’s two strip-sacks. “We knew it was going to be a battle. We held strong.”
- Dallas rookie Ben DiNucci was sacked four times and lost two fumbles. He completed 21 of 40 passes for 180 yards.
- “We clearly understand what this loss does to us,” Cowboys first-year coach Mike McCarthy said. “But we need to rally and get together here and move on. … We took a step in the right direction in a number of areas, and felt a number of components of our football team also improved.”