Mike Tyson, Roy Jones promise a fight in “exhibition” return
By admin - November 20, 2020
Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. are headed to the boxing ring next month. Here are the highlights:
- These 50-something former champions still say they’re taking this showdown far more seriously than any exhibition.
- “Not a real fight? We got Mike Tyson versus Roy Jones,” Tyson said Thursday in a press conference. “I’m coming to fight, and I hope he’s coming to fight, and that’s all you need to know.”
- Promoters of the pay-per-view spectacle announced that Los Angeles’ Staples Center will be the site of the 54-year-old Tyson’s return to boxing on Nov. 28, which will be an eight-round main event against the 51-year-old Jones.
- Tyson’s last official bout was in June 2005.
- “Who goes in the ring with the great, legendary Mike Tyson and thinks it’s an exhibition?” Jones said. “Twelve-ounce gloves? No headgear? Really? This is an exhibition? Come on, bruh. Be real.”