Chargers fire head coach Anthony Lynn after 4 seasons
By admin - January 4, 2021
The Los Angeles Chargers are moving on. Here are the highlights:
- Los Angeles Chargers have fired coach Anthony Lynn less than two seasons after he led the franchise to the playoffs.
- Lynn is the sixth NFL coach fired this season.
- Los Angeles won its final four games to finish 7-9.
- “I’m not sure there is another person in this league more respected as a human being than Anthony,” owner Dean Spanos said in a statement. “This is a results-driven business, and simply put, the results of the past two years have fallen short of expectations.”
- Hired by the Chargers in January 2017, Lynn was the first Black head coach in franchise history. He went 34-32 with Los Angeles, but just 12-20 over the last two seasons. He had one year remaining on his contract.