‘My Cause My Cleats’ campaign has taken a foothold in NFL
By admin - August 11, 2020
The “My Cause My Cleats ” campaign has certainly put its stamp in national football. Here are the highlights:
- Five years ago was the start when 500 players participated in this new way of play, which marked the first time they can use custom cleats during canes without facing fines and penalties.
- This year the number doubled and also used it as something good to raise awareness for different causes. Some even auctioned off their cleats to donate to different charities.
- The cleats show off the players’ personalities and causes they support. Broncos outside linebacker Bradley Chubb says it’s something for the players to look forward to each December.
- It’s much more than a fashion statement and having fun.
- Chubb says, “You can just go out there and wear custom cleats on the field and really show off what you’ve been working so hard for in the offseason.”
- It not only brings awareness to your cause but your fans can feel more connected to the things that mean a lot to you.
- Some of the causes include: tackling social justice, supporting families during the coronavirus pandemic and bridging the digital divide.