Bucks, Suns Finally Make It to the NBA Finals
By admin - July 6, 2021
To say it’s been a long road for both teams to get into the NBA finals is an understatement. Even Chris Paul walked up the stairs and took a seat in front of the NBA Finals logo, which took him 16 long years to accomplish. Here are the highlights:
- In this weird NBA season, both the Milwaukee Bucks and Phoenix Suns are in unfamiliar territory.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo’s status is still unclear because there’s been no update on his knee.
- Paul mentioned how the home team usually practices at their training facility, but it’s in the arena. He said “it’s still basketball” and they’ll do what they need to do to lock into the goal.
- The last time the Suns were in the finals was in 1993 against Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. The Bucks’ last time was in 1974. However, for the past few years, they’ve inched closer to this goal.
- Guard Jrue Holiday said he’s excited to go for the four wins in this finals despite the difficulty.
- The Suns had a breakout season, especially after acquiring Paul. Their first eight wins in the Walt Disney World bubble gave them momentum to have a strong season.
- Suns’ Jae Crowder is the only player on either team to have NBA Finals experience. He’s grateful for the opportunity but wants to make this outcome different. He wants to put a big win on his wall.