Miami Heat forward, Chris Bosh, revealed he felt “written off” after being diagnosed with blood clots.
Bosh has been dealing with cardiovascular issues for a few years now. He was diagnosed with a second blood clot in his leg over the winter. Miami Heat organization doctors told Bosh that his basketball career was likely over. Bosh and his wife, however, felt he could have played for the Heat during the 2016 NBA Playoffs.
Bosh has been fighting against the blood malady for almost six months. He made the revelation of having felt “written off” in a new documentary that will debut on Uninterrupted.com on Wednesday.
The documentary, entitled, Rebuilt is being released in segments. the first segment will arrive less than a week before the beginning of NBA training camp. Last week on a podcast, Bosh also confirmed that he had not been cleared by Miami Heat doctors to participate in the training camp.
“Seeing the team doctors, they told me that my season is over, my career is probably over and this just happens, this is just how it is,” explained Bosh. “I felt right away that I was written off. It was [claps his hands together] put it to the side matter-of-factly. If a doctor tells me, ‘Hey that’s it and this is how that is,’ and I don’t buy that. I have the right to disagree with you. I know inside me I have a lot of talent and a lot of ability. I have it. I know I have it. It wasn’t a matter of if I play again; it was when. So we took the bull by the horns.”