Biles Claims Seventh US Gymnastics Title
By admin - June 8, 2021
Simone Biles keeps going above and beyond as she breaks another record before the Tokyo Olympics. Even with her toning things down a little, she still soared high to win her seventh US Gymnastics title. Here are the highlights:
- With such a stunning yet easy performance (on her part), she continues to show she’s likely to win back-to-back Olympic championships. This is something that a woman hasn’t done in these games for over 50 years.
- Biles put on a four-rotation showcase that solidified her GOAT (greatest of all time) status in the world of sports, not just gymnastics.
- She’s outdoing herself with her all-around score being at 60.100, which is higher than in 2018.
- Her only issue is staying in bounds and keeping her power under control. She has a powerful style. She says even though in practice she never has a problem with staying in bounds, it’s the adrenaline that’s got her going harder.
- Her latest innovation, a Yurchenko double-pike vault she did at the US Classic last month, wasn’t even present at this competition. However, she didn’t need it as she still topped the tourney.
- However, the Yurchenko double-pike vault will return at trials and the Olympics, where if she executes it well, it’ll be a skill to officially add to her repertoire of #SimoneThings.
- It’s safe to say she’s a lock at the Tokyo Games since her return in 2017.
- With Simone Biles, Sunisa Lee, and Jordan Chiles, the U.S. is in good hands to dominate gymnastics in the Tokyo Olympics.