Belichick not ready to move on from Newton as Patriots’ QB
By admin - 2020-11-20 05:54:08
Regardless of the terrible offensive showing, Bill Belichick wasn’t about to get caught up in a quarterback controversy. Here are the highlights:
- After the 24-3 loss to the Los Angeles Rams, he was asked if he would stick with Cam Newton or decide to give Jarrett Stidham a tryout.
- Belichick stood his ground by saying, “Cam’s our quarterback.”
- Cam Newton spoke on the topic saying, “I just have to keep doing what I am asked with the mentality of trying to get better.”
- With Kenny Young intercepting a pass intended for Damien Harris, Newton knew that was all anticipation.
- As much as it was on the team, Newton also took responsibility by saying “I have to make more plays. We didn’t play a good style or brand tonight.”
- The future is up in the air for Newton because he’s a free agent at the end of the season.
- However, Belichick is thinking of the here and now.
- Even with Stidham working hard to get where he’s at, Belichick says “That’s not really the point at the moment.”