Even when Viktor Hovland’s nerves get all tangled up, he’s all business when it comes to in-game performance. His showing at the Mayakoba Golf Classic was spectacular. Here are the highlights:
- Hovland got in his zone after saving par with an incredible 40-yard save from a waste area on the 16th hole.
- Additionally, he was able to beat Aaron wise with a 12-foot birdie putt.
- It was the first Mayakoba Classic to be won with a birdie putt on the final hole.
- Hovland wasn’t always so cool because the 30-foot birdie he did to win the Puerto Rico Open in February was bit nerve wracking. Hovland said, “I was shaking there at the end.”
- Hovland has greatly improved after his incredible college career.
- He’s moved to No. 15 in the world starting his second season on the PGA Tour.
- With his youth and skills constantly improving, he certainly has time to get to that top spot in golf on a worldwide scale.